“If you are not targeting women between ages 50 and 70 with your marketing communications, then you’re missing the most significant and important business opportunities today. Not only are they in the prime of their lives, but they make up the prime spending segment for virtually every consumer category.” says Marti Barletta, the world’s foremost authority on marketing to women, who has just launched her latest book: PrimeTime Women: How to Win the Hearts, Minds, and Business of Boomer Big Spenders.
Prime Time Women are the healthiest, wealthiest, most active, educated and influential generation of women in history. These are the women who have climbed the career ladders, no longer need to be ‘Mum’s Taxi’ and usually have a sizeable disposable income to have fun with.
Just off the top of my head and thinking ‘outside the box’, here’s some typical businesses who could really profit from this market segment ….
- Travel Agents – particular cruises
- Health & Fitness Centres – aqua-aerobics is always popular
- Beauty Salons & Spas
- Medical Practices – plastic surgeons, dentists, optometrists
- Insurance Agents – education policies for grandchildren
- Financial Planners – moving investments
- Vehicle Salesmen – from family SUV’s to small run-arounds or sexy soft-tops
- Real Estate Agents – downsizing to ‘lock-up and go’ secure estates
- Charities – giving opportunities to put back love and spare time
….. just to name a few. So have a look at your products and see if any match this target market, if they don’t create one!
And where are you likely to find this group of women? … at bowling and bridge clubs, as well as in retirement villages or complexes. They also like gardening, so consider advertising in these magazines.
That’s all for this marketing tip folks. As always, if you like my content I would greatly appreciate it if you shared it around, using the social share button below.